- We looked across the US to find destinations for 2020 that are either up-and-coming, or classics experiencing a renaissance.
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin, saw a 729% year-over-year increase in rentals and was dubbed the world’s hottest new travel destination in 2020 by Airbnb.
- Boise, Idaho, has been called the best place for millennials to live in the US, and is becoming a destination to be reckoned with.
- Post-Hurricane Maria recovery efforts in San Juan, Puerto Rico, have brought with them new hotels, splashy renovations, and more flights.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
It’s an age-old question: Where should I go?
We looked across the US to find destinations that fit this bill, based on chatter we’ve been hearing, people moving en masse, rankings from other publications, and exploding food scenes. We found up-and-coming hot spots, old classics experiencing a renaissance, places in the midst of reinvention, and cities that are still flying under the radar.
From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to San Juan, Puerto Rico, here’s our pick of 10 places in the US to visit in 2020.
I’ll be visiting these cities in 2020 to report back on what’s worth your time in each one. Do you live in any of these places? Email me your recommendations on what to see, eat, and do at [email protected]